Saparbekova A.A., Aimenova Zh.E.
TO LABORATORY CLASSES
ON MICROBIOLOGY AND VIROLOGY
Shymkent, 2012 y.
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND EDUCATION OF REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
M.AUEZOV SOUTH KAZAKHSTAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Methodical instructions to laboratory classes
On Microbiology and virology
For students on specialty 5B070100 Biotechnology
Study form: full time and external
Shymkent, 2012 y.
Composers: Saparbekova A.A., Aimenova Zh.E.
Methodical instructions to laboratory classes on “Microbiology and virology”- Shymkent: M.Auezov SKSU, 2012.- _____pages.
Methodical instructions are made according to requirements of the curriculum and the program of discipline Microbiology and virology and includes all necessary data on performance of laboratory researches of a course.
Methodical instructions are made for students on specialty 5B070100 – Biotechnology.
The methodical instructions is recommended to the edition by Methodical council of M.Auezov SKSU, Minutes № __ from « » ____________2012 y.
© M.Auezov South Kazakhstan State University, 2012
|The themes of the laboratory works||pages|
|The rules of working in microbiological laboratory|
|1. Methods of microscopic examination of microorganisms. Microscope components.|
|2. Nutrient media. Sterilization of nutrient medium and of the ware.|
|3. Microorganisms morphology.|
|4. Structure of bacteria and yeasts.|
|5.Cultivation of microorganisms.|
|6. Accumulative pure cultures.|
|7.Control for the cultivation. Antimicrobial factors. Microbes-antagonists.|
|8. Microflora of the products of microbial synthesis.|
At a modern level of development of natural sciences profound knowledge of the microbiological processes underlying many biotechnological manufactures is required and serving by a guarantee are sewn up environment from anthropogenous influence.
Besides acquisition of theoretical knowledge on microbiology to the future experts are necessary the laboratory works which are, as a matter of fact, are small researches works.
Each laboratory work contains a short substantiation of a research objective, the description of technics and a technique of statement of experience, the analysis of the received results, and also the list of necessary materials and the equipment for experiment carrying out.
The offered form of a statement forces the student to think, allows to reproduce and observe independently in vitro the microbiological processes going in the nature.
The purpose of teaching of a course: to acquaint students with the basic laws of physiology of growth and principles cultivation of microorganisms and viruses and to acquaint students with features of the most significant for biotechnology of procaryotes and eucaryotes; to show general biological value of achievements in the field of microbiology and virology, to illuminate a role of microorganisms in development of biotechnology, the food-processing industry.
The student should know: thebasic properties of microorganisms, their classification, a role in the nature and human life, possibility of use of microbes in manufacture of biologically active substances, about a kingdom of viruses, their use in manufacture antivirus vaccines. To use the literature in the field of microbiology and virology; to support industrial cultures of microorganisms; to watch their ability to live at various stages of technological process; to make sanitary - microbiological control in laboratories and on manufacture.
The purpose of laboratory researches - deepening and expansion of knowledge in the course of performance of concrete practical problems, mastering by skills of experiment, acquisition of abilities to analyze the received experimental results. After admission of reception on carrying out of work by students laboratory works students should process the received results. Results on performance by students of work are made out in the form of the tables resulted in the end of work and in the form of formulated conclusions. In the end of each work there are the control questions necessary for students for self-checking and protection of work.
Safety measures in microbiological laboratory
Work in microbiological laboratory demands strict observance of special rules that is defined by two substantive provisions.
The first - in microbiological practice is used, mainly, pure cultures of microorganisms, i.e. populations of microorganisms of one kind which is often being posterity of one cell.
As in air, on a surface of subjects surrounding us, on clothes, hands, hair always there is a considerable quantity of various microflora for maintenance of sterility of researches and avoidance of pollution of cultures work should be spent with observance of aceptic rules.
The second - at researches with not identified microorganisms, at their allocation from objects of environment and technogenic streams, can be allocated pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms.
Besides, cells of saprophytes and pathogenic microorganisms can be allergens for certain individuals. Thus, for reception of authentic results of researches, for maintenance of a personal security necessary and safety of associates observance of certain rules.
Preparation of a premise for carrying out of microbiological works includes wet cleaning and careful ventilation with the subsequent irradiation ultra-violet beams of bactericidal lamps. A table surface where work with cultures of microorganisms is directly spent, it is necessary to disinfect by grinding of 3 % a solution of chloramin or by 70 % solution of isopropil or ethyl spirits.
Preparation to laboratory works is spent by the laboratorian; students, carrying out of the task, should observe following rules:
1. Each student in microbiological laboratory works on a constant place, carrying out of the task individually.
2. On a workplace there should not be extraneous subjects (including portfolios and bags).
3. The student should work only in pure dressing gowns, hair should be picked up, not fall on shoulders.
4. At work with cultures of microorganisms it is necessary to observe all rules of microbiological technics. On test tubes, flasks, cups of Petri, mattresses should be made the inscription containing patrimonial and specific names of culture, dates of planting, a surname of the student and group number.
5. All subjects used at work with live cultures, should be disinfected by burning in a torch flame (loops, needles), or are shipped in a disinfectant solution (subject and integumentary glasses, pipettes).
6. All sowed test tubes, cups will go mad in the thermostat or surrender to the laboratorian. The fulfilled material (test tubes, Petri dishes) also is located in certain capacities under instructions of the laboratorian for their further disinfecting.
7. In laboratory smoking, food intake, superfluous circulation on laboratory are forbidden.
8. In the end of employment the student should put in order a workplace, wash up hands. It is necessary to have an individual towel, napkins for a wipe of hands. Each student conducts the magazine of laboratory works which is the document, allowing to supervise correctness of the received data. Records are spent in certain sequence and should contain the following:
1. Work number. Its name. Date of statement and the experience termination.
2. Object of research.
3. Conditions of carrying out of experience, including methods of analyses.
4. The received results and conclusions from them.Карта сайта